J-KEM Scientific manufacturers electronic instruments for the pharmaceutical research community with an emphasis on instruments supporting organic chemical synthesis. J-KEM manufactures precision temperature and vacuum controllers, automated synthesis reactors, and custom robotics. We are looking for an engineer to support the development of custom laboratory automation equipment and robotics.
The primary responsibility of this position is to design new laboratory automation equipment. This includes the mechanical design of the instrument, the electronics to automate the instrument, and the software needed to support the instrument. This position requires occasional travel in the USA to install and service robotic instruments.
- Four year Electrical Engineering, BSEE or equivalent.
- Three+ years of direct experience as an Electronics Engineer with instrument design.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design.
- Proficiency in C, VB.net, embedded microcontroller programming, and a willingness to learn more.
- Mechanical creativity. A critical skill is the ability to visualize, draw the plans for, and then build laboratory instruments.
- Experience reading schematic diagrams, soldering, testing and trouble shooting new circuit designs.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- A background in organic chemistry with research experience.
- Experience building, operating, and programming laboratory robotics.
- Experience with PC drawing or CAD programs.
- Telephone support of existing instruments
- Occasional travel (4-8 trips per year) to install new units in customer’s laboratories
- A willingness to do whatever is necessary to get things done. A cooperative attitude is required.
- Resumes with a complete employment history can be emailed to JKEM911@JKEM.COM. Please feel free to add information about hobbies, community service, or other activities that you feel distinguish you and help us understand the person you are.
- Include descriptions of instruments or electronic circuits you were solely, or primarily responsible for.
J-KEM Scientific was founded in 1987 and is located in the St. Louis area. We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental, profit sharing, and 401k plans.
J-KEM Scientific, Inc.
6970 Olive Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63130